Typically, there are more than 70 water damage incidents monthly in a population of 100,000 people. That means that there are over 1,400 water damage incidents per month in a metro area the size of Houston. Even though there is a minimal chance that you may experience a water damage incidence in Texas in the next five years, there there is a very good chance that you won’t be ready for it. The water damage may be very devastating, especially if you do not know what to do in this situation.
First, remain calm. Be sure to turn off the breaker to the wet areas of the building before entering hose areas, or unplugging and moving anything electrical. Only then should you move any items on the floor to dry areas. If the source of the water is a broken or leaking pipe, turn off the water to building, or to that area.
Second, call a professional in Texas who has the experience to know how to handle these situations. Then the professional will know how to take care of your problem. They can immediately being the drying process, and most importantly, take control of the situation and put your mind at ease. They will monitor the drying process daily, and keep your insurance company informed.
Third, don’t wait. Most insurance policies require the insured to take actions to mitigate further damage. Experts agree that the first 48 hours are critical in preventing the growth of mold and other microbes that can lean to can unhealthy environment and the need for more extensive structural repairs. That’s why it is important to have professionals on site as soon as possible to remove all excess water and set up the property equipment to produce large amounts of dry air and begin the drying process immediately.
Water Damage Restoration - In Fact, Water Damage is Downright Hazardous to Your Health!
Restoration Contractors are specialists in the repair of buildings damaged by perils such as fire, windstorm, flood, water damage, hurricane and tornadoes. They are also specialists in the repair and cleaning of personal property from homes and businesses.
These kinds of cleaning processes and repairs require specialized equipment and knowledge that a normal General Contractor will not have. In addition, the restoration contractor uses estimating software that is acceptable to the insurance companies in the calculation of the repair estimate.
Many times, a claims adjuster who represents the insurance company will bring his favorite contractor with him when he inspects your damages. This is not necessarily bad, but can easily become a conflict of interest for the contractor.
I recommend that you, the policyholder and owner of the property, find a restoration contractor of your own to write your damage repair estimate. Customarily, the contractor will write this estimate at no charge, hoping that he will get the repair job. But even if it cost you a couple hundred dollars for the estimate, it could mean the difference in thousands of dollars of repairs.
But, how does a policyholder with damages locate a reputable restoration contractor?
1. Using your computer search engine, look for "Restoration Contractor" or "Disaster Repair" and your zip code or state.
2. Note which contractors in your area are advertising on TV and radio in your area. A big advertiser is usually having some success. Some national companies, like Servpro, advertise heavily and will have offices nearby.
3. Ask friends and business associates for a referral.
Once you have located two or three contractors in your area, interview them with these questions:
1. How many years have you been a Restoration Contractor?
2. Do you have a specialty, like homes or commercial losses?
3. Can you provide a list of at least ten satisfied customers with phone numbers?
4. Do you have documentation of your success in insurance settlements?
5. Have you ever had a complaint filed against you with the Department of Insurance or the state Office of Consumer Affairs?
6. Please explain your fees and how you are paid.
7. Please provide a copy of your repair contract.
Based upon the information you glean from your interviews, you can make a choice of the best Personal Injury Attorney to consult.
- Texas Flood Restoration Company
- Austin Water Damage Mitigation
- Manchaca Water Damage Restoration Estimate
- Del Valle 24 Hour Water Damage Repair
- Mc Neil Repairing Water Damaged Drywall
- Manor Restoration Flood Damage
- Buda Water Damage House
- Pflugerville Flood Cleanup Services
- Cedar Park Water Damage Restoration Company
- Round Rock Flood Restoration Company
- Leander Water Damage Removal
- Cedar Creek Restoration Water Damage
- Kyle Mitigation Water Damage
- Driftwood Repairing Water Damaged Drywall
- Hutto Emergency Water Damage
- Elgin Water Damage In Walls
- Dripping Springs Restoration Flood Damage
- Spicewood Emergency Water Cleanup
- Georgetown Carpet Water Removal
- Coupland Flood Cleanup Services
- Maxwell Emergency Water Cleanup
- Lockhart Water Damage Cleaners
- Bastrop Emergency Water Damage
- Wimberley Repairing Water Damaged Drywall
- Red Rock Water Damage In Walls
- Dale Water Cleanup Services
- Weir Water Damage In Walls
- Taylor 24 Hour Water Damage Repair
- San Marcos Flood Cleanup Services
- Mc Dade Restoration Water Damage
- Liberty Hill Flood Restoration
- Martindale Flooded Carpet Restoration