The Home Safety Council has a website entitled, MySafeHome.org. This site can be a great resource for home safety. It has great information for keeping your backyard safe during the summer “fun” months. Most of the US is experiencing a heat wave right now (except it appears for the Pacific Northwest where I reside — bummer) so this information seems pertinent.
Five quick steps to a safe backyard include:
1. Check play equipment for danger.
2. Designate a safe zone around the grill.
3. Childproof the pool (cannot be stressed enough).
4. Inspect your deck! (If it’s old consider bringing in a professional inspector)
5. Keep fuel, pesticides and harmful chemicals stored out of reach of children.